Thursday, September 30, 2010

Can You Break the Tie?

Joe Calloway calls them Tiebreakers.

Say I am looking for a plumber. I leave message for two of them, and only one of them calls me back. It's sad, but it is a tiebreaker. Right there I've made my decision, or at least narrowed it down.

Now say that I call a third plumber, and he (or his office) answers right away. EVEN BETTER. He immediately goes to the top of the short list. If it's something I need done quickly, and he can come out right away, EVEN BETTER AGAIN.

Recap: Plumber #2 did something just a little bit better than Plumber #1, he called me back. shouldn't be a big deal, but it seems that's the way it is.

Plumber #3 did something just a little bit better than #1 or #2, he answered the phone. And then to top it off he could come out right away. All other things being equal, it would be an easy choice.

What are you doing to break the tie? Comment here please!

No comments: