Tuesday, February 10, 2015

I remember my Mom's house in Downey...

I remember my Mom's house in Downey. It was a small, 2 bedroom in a quiet suburban neighborhood, just where a kid could grow up. The best thing, for me and my mom, was that it was directly across the street from my grandparent's house, my Mom's parents. It was like having a built-in babysitter. I spent a lot of time at my gp's, since my Mom had to work full time. I never thought anything of it though. It was just my home away from home.

After my grandparents divorced, they sold the house. By that time, though, I was going to elementary school, and my mom found a family two streets over who had two sons going to the same school. Their Mom was looking to babysit for extra money, so I stayed there after school until 5, when my mom picked me up.

No comments: